Dee Blackie, A child protection activist, responds to an article in the Business Day.
Click the image below to see the full Article.
Monday, 20 July 2015
Friday, 10 July 2015
By ROBYN WOLFSON VORSTER
Originally appeared in Daily Maverick on the 09 JUL 2015 10:10 (SOUTH AFRICA)
Around 3,500 children are abandoned in South Africa annually. News of yet another child found dead or left in a precarious position elicits strong public condemnation and emotion. Public consensus on the issue of child abandonment generally provokes a knee-jerk response to blame and demonise mothers. But despite our deeply felt beliefs, research has indicated that while abandonment affects individuals, it is often as a result of wider socio-economic factors and ultimately, politics.
Click the image below for the full Article:
Wednesday, 8 July 2015
If you want to get involved by making things a little bit easier for personnel at the Abba offices, herewith our current wishlist:
- For outside/garden counselling area: outdoor garden table & chairs and a big garden umbrella (preferably NOT plastic)
- For inside counselling area: dry walling to be installed, making 1 room into 2 smaller rooms
- Wall-mounted heaters
- Small projector to be used during training & presentations
- 18 channel switchboard with 4 incoming lines
- Carpentry services – building of book shelves & office cabinets
For more information please contact Lize on e-mail: email@example.com